Moderated by Debbie Mola Mickler
Walt Disney World, Buena Vista, FL
Overview: Have you ever wished you could float your latest problem or idea by a room full of industry professionals to get their thoughts and advice before you proceed? Well, this Hot Seat session provides exactly that opportunity!
Four attendees will have the opportunity to present their challenges for input from the room filled with landscape professionals. This engaging session provides ideas and insights by harnessing the wisdom of the group and its ability to creatively solve challenges and share experiences. Submit your challenge to email@example.com . Four challenges will be selected to discuss as a group.
Here is how it works:
- The Hot Seat process helps identify what you do not know, what you NEED to know, and what you are going to do next.
- The Hot Seat is executed by allowing one participant (the one in the “Hot Seat”) the opportunity to provide a two‐minute overview of their challenge/issue/obstacle/idea/pain point. Then, for the next 13 minutes, the Hot Seat participant listens (and is not allowed to speak) while the rest of the group provides thoughts, ideas, insight through a structured feedback process as outlined below.
- All other attendees will give feedback. But they must phrase their feedback by using one of the introductory clauses below:
- I’m curious about…
- It occurs to me..
- I’m thinking…
- A resource might be…
- If it were me…
- The attendees are allowed to ask clarifying questions of the person in the Hot Seat, and that is the only time the Hot Seat participant is allowed to speak.
- A note taker is identified from within the larger group so that the Hot Seat participant can simply listen and take it all in. They will be provided with the notes afterwards for reference.
This exercise provides ideas and insights by harnessing the wisdom of the group and its ability to creatively solve challenges and share their experiences and advice to the Hot Seat participant.
Got a question you would like to see as part of the FOUR topics slated for discussion? Submit your challenge in a couple of sentences to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEUs: This session is eligible for 1 FNGLA Certified Professional CEU.
When: 1 - 2:30 p.m. Thursday, August 26, 2021
Cost: Complimentary, yet registration is required